The Humane Society offers many ways that you can help out with volunteering! Please take a moment to look at some of the options below. Thank you for your interest in helping The Humane Society!
- Office Work – Volunteers are needed to assist our staff at The Humane Society Office in answering the phones, keeping track of lost and found animals, scheduling appointments for The Humane Society Spay/Neuter Clinic and providing general animal care information to the public.
- Fundraising – Volunteers are needed in raising the many thousands of dollars necessary to continue our operations every year. It is a massive undertaking requiring dedicated volunteers.
- Supply Drives – Collecting items that we use frequently for daily operations is a great way for an individual or civic group to be involved. Review our Wishlist for ideas for items to collect.
- Events – Staffing a booth, planning, organizing and/or participating in special event fundraisers, conducting corporate solicitations/acquisitions.
- Mailings – We need volunteers to assist in stuffing, stamping and sorting mail for special mailings.
- Telephoning – We need volunteers to help answer the phone in the office and direct customers to the proper person and answer their questions.
If you are interested in volunteering in one of the above-mentioned capacities, please contact Dawn L Wilkinson, Executive Director, at either 803.783.1267 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview. Also, please fill out the application below, and bring it with you to the interview.